Health Permits

If you are opening a restaurant or food service that sells any food items including pre-packaged foods, a health permit must be filed before the business license can be issued. The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services has information on all the requirements that must be met before your first day of operation.

County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Phone: 888-700-9995

Alcoholic Beverage Sales

If you plan on selling alcoholic beverages, you must apply for a license with the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). ABC regulates the manufacture, sale, purchase, possession, and transportation of alcoholic beverages within the State of California, the ABC is also subject to certain laws of the United States and regulates the importation and exportation of alcoholic beverages.