Hiring Employees

State Employee Identification Number (SEIN)

If you should decide to hire employees, you will need a State Employer Identification Number (SEIN). Any business that pays an employee for his/her services and has a payroll of $100 or more a month is subject to the California Income Tax Withholding Law. If the owner do not hire any employees, the owner’s social security number is required.